Gluten Free flour
3/4 cup of pureed Mango
2 cups Sugar
Juice of a lime
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
1/2 cup arrowroot
1 tspn bicarbonate of soda
2 1/2 cups of gluten free flour
1 cup orange and mango juice
1/2 cup of caster sugar (for syrup)
2 cups caster sugar (for glaze)
- Scoup the flesh from a ripe mango and puree. You'll need about 3/4 of a cup of puree
- 200g margarine and 2 cups of sugar. Beat until light and creamy
- Add wet ingredients of Coconut cream, juice of a lime and 5 eggs. Beat it thoroughly.
- Fold in more dry ingredients - 1/2 cup desiccated coconut, 1/2 cup arrowroot, 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda, 2 1/2 cups of gluten free flour. Stir together gently.
- Stir in your mango puree and pour the cake mixture into a lined ring mould. Spoon any leftover mixture into muffin pans.
- Bake for 170 degrees 40-50 minutes
- Syrup is made by mixing one cup of orange and mango juice to half a cup of caster sugar. Bring to boil. Make sure it is nice and thick The sugar is poured over the cake when it is hot. The glaze to decorate when it is cold.
- For the glaze mix 2 cups of icing sugar with just enough orange and mango juice to make it turn.
- Whilst the cake is still hot pour the syrup over it as it is most absorbent at this stage. Invert on a cake stand and allow to cool.
- Once cool decorate with glaze, coconut and mango.