Nuffnang

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Mashed Potato Desserts


IMAGEI was looking in my fridge with a view to what dessert I could make from its contents when I looked at the tub of mashed potato (boiled potato put through a ricer without milk or butter) and I thought - hmmm. Maybe I could substitute mashed potato for rice in rice cream? So I added some honey and milk and stirred - and it wasn't that bad!
So, as I do when I have an idea and want to explore it, I googled 'potato dessert' and found several sites which use mashed potato. Then I realised - it's just like using potato flour in recipes but in this case it is wet / moist. I will definitely try the brownies very soon!

So, next time you are thinking sweet - mashed potato is a gluten-free ingredient! Next to explore mashed sweet potato :)

Mashed Potato Desserts by Kim Tilley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Illawarra Gluten Free

.

Illawarra Gluten Free Map

View Illawarra Gluten-Free in a larger map

Slideshow